Open Gardens in Marple 2023 for Cancer Research UK
£16,352 raised for CRUK by Open Gardens in Marple 2023
Congratulations to the organising committee, garden owners and everyone else involved in Open Gardens in Marple 2023 for raising the amazing sum of £16,352 for Cancer Research UK. That makes a running total of £29,352 over the two events to date in 2018 and 2023.
19 private gardens and the productive Seven Stiles Allotments were open to the public on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th July. There were also several additional attractions and supporting venues taking part in the event over the whole weekend.
On the weekend
Find your way to Marple and discover the locations of gardens and venues using the Main Map.
A Paper Map and the Linking walks will be available from Information Points.
Additional attractions / locations:
- Blacksmith Demonstrations by Wayne Chaisty at Marple Rec
- Community Orchard with Climate Action Marple at Marple Rec
- GirlGuiding HQ: Selling cream teas and refreshments
- Marple Memorial Park: Community Flowerbeds maintained by volunteers
- Rose Hill Station: Community Gardens
- Scout Hut: support and information
- Summer Concert in Marple Memorial Park by Werneth Concert Band: Sunday 2-4pm
- Gazebo 1: Rose Hill (Corner of Stockport Road and Dale Road).
- Gazebo 2: Marple Centre (Corner of Stockport Road and Hollins Lane).
- Gazebo 3: Marple Memorial Park (by the main flowebeds).
- The Scout Hut (Memorial Park Drive).
Tickets are £7.50 for one day or £10 for the whole weekend
They are on sale at the following outlets in the lead up to the event:
- Cancer Research UK Shop
- Littlewoods Butchers
- Hollins of Marple
- Stationery Supplies
- Lentils and Lather
- Dutsons (Marple Bridge)
On the days tickets can be purchased when you visit your first garden (cash only) or from one of the Information Points.
Payment by card: it is recommended to bring cash as none of the gardens will have card readers but you should be able to purchase tickets by card in the Scout Hut. Volunteers at other Information Points will be able to direct you to the nearest ATM.
No dogs except guide-dogs or assistance dogs in the gardens please.
Sponsors of Open Gardens in Marple
Check out the Charity & Supporters page for more information.
In 2018 the first ever Open Gardens in Marple raised an amazing £13,000 for Cancer Research UK.
That success was repeated in 2023, raising a further £16,352!